Rörsvetsning i konceptet Factory-in-a-Box
Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Magister), 20 points / 30 hpStudent thesis
This Master of Science thesis was a part of Pharmadule Emtungas project to construct a mobile automated cell for welding of carbon steel pipe (Heating, Ventilation and Sanitation). Pharmadule Emtunga is using a modular building concept for building pharmaceutical factories. The modules contain these pipes. The goal of the thesis was to present concepts for technical solutions regarding welding methods and fixtures for the cell. Conceptual models for the cell were made with aid of CAD software. A concept generation/evaluation resulted in the winning concept; orbital welding using V-stands as fixture method. The main purpose of the fixture is to offer fast and accurate alignment of pipes, with arbitrary lengths and fittings. The fixture was made after a thorough evaluation of data concerning geometries and occurrences of pipes in a typical pharmaceutical factory.
A number of efficiency problems concerning welding were identified during the project. The thesis presents a four-step process for increased productivity of welding in workshop as well as in the automated cell:
1. Change payment routines so that Pharmadule Emtunga does not pay for so called “double welds”, welds that never is carried out.
2. Update lists of time basis used for billing so that they represent actual time needed.
3. Increase productivity in welding by obtaining an automated welding cell with work and fixturing as proposed in this thesis.
4. Increase productivity by introducing orbital welding in the cell.
Additional work with efficiency should be performed in connection with the execution of these four steps:
• Possibilities of parallel work in the cell should be investigated.
• Construction personnel need to work by the “Design for Manufacturing” (DFM) principle.
• Single-module production would contribute to steady flow through the cell.
• Better drawing data may increase number of welds performed in workshop.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Institutionen för konstruktions- och produktionsteknik , 2006. , 125 p.
Fixturkonstruktion, Fixtur, Orbitalsvetsning, Robotsvetsning, Prefabricering, Konceptutveckling, Konceptutvärdering, Automation
Reliability and Maintenance
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:liu:diva-6256ISRN: LITH-IKP-EX--06/2356--SEOAI: oai:DiVA.org:liu-6256DiVA: diva2:21727