Reading disability and its treatment
1997 (English)Collection (editor) (Other academic)
This book presents eight articles on reading disability and its treatment, dealing with research in the field of dyslexia, reading and writing difficulties, and their handicapping consequences. Phonological awareness intervention approaches, different kinds of dyslexia subtyping, early prevention issues, and longitudinal data are dealt with in the book from neurobiological as well as psychological and socio-educational perspectives.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Linköping: Linköpings universitet , 1997. , 200 p.
, EMIR Report, ISSN 1402-1382 ; 2
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:liu:diva-29148Local ID: 14418ISBN: 91-7871-865-1OAI: oai:DiVA.org:liu-29148DiVA: diva2:249961
Authors of articles in the book represent seven different countries. Articles are
(1) "Levels of Approaching Reading and Its Difficulties" (Ingvar Lundberg and Torleiv Hoien);
(2) "A Component-Based Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Reading" (PG Aaron);
(3) "Successful Remedial Teaching with Fewer Resources" (Pekka Niemi and Elisa Poskiparta);
(4) "Phonological Training and Reading Skill: Why Do Some Resist?" (Stefan Gustafsson and others);
(5) "Hemispheric Specific Stimulation: Neuropsychological Treatment of Dyslexia" (Jan W van Strien);
(6) "Reading Difficulties and Special Instruction" (Aryan van der Leij);
(7) "Twenty-Five Years of Longitudinal Studies on Dyslexia" (Hanna Jaklewicz; and
(8) "Reading Disability and Its Treatment" (Mogens Jansen). (Author/RS)2009-10-092009-10-092016-07-08Bibliographically approved