liu.seSearch for publications in DiVA
Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • oxford
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Nuclear to cytoplasmic shift of p33ING1b protein from normal oral mucosa to oral squamous cell carcinoma in relation to clinicopathological variables
Department of Stomatology Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050031, Hebei Province, China.
Department of Stomatology Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050031, Hebei Province, China.
Department of Stomatology Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050031, Hebei Province, China.
Department of Pathology Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050031, Hebei Province, China.
Show others and affiliations
2008 (English)In: Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, ISSN 0171-5216, Vol. 134, no 3, 421-426 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
Abstract [en]

Purpose: p33ING1b, as a candidate tumour suppressor gene, has been found to be expressed a proportion of oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCCs), however, its clinicopathological significance is not studied yet. Our aim was to investigate association of p33ING1b expression with clinicopathological variables and particularly interesting new cysteine-histidine rich protein (PINCH) in OSCCs. Methods: p33ING1b expression was immumohistochemically examined in 20 normal oral mucosa specimens and 49 OSCCs. Results: Normal squamous cells showed only p33ING1b nuclear expression (no cytoplasmic expression), with a rate of 90% positive cases. While 24% of OSCCs appeared cytoplasmic expression (11 of them with weak nuclear staining) and the rest tumours (76%) were negative for p33 ING1b. Furthermore, the cases having lymph node metastasis showed a higher frequency of positive cytoplasmic expression than those without metastasis (P = 0.03). The p33ING1b cytoplasmic expression was positively related to PINCH expression (P = 0.04), the cases positive for both proteins had a high rate of the metastasis (P = 0.03). Conclusions: The transfer of p33ING1b protein from the nucleus to the cytoplasm may result in loss of normal cellular function of the protein, which might play a role in the tumourigenesis and metastasis of OSCCs. © 2007 Springer-Verlag.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2008. Vol. 134, no 3, 421-426 p.
National Category
Medical and Health Sciences
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:liu:diva-43628DOI: 10.1007/s00432-007-0305-yLocal ID: 74450OAI: oai:DiVA.org:liu-43628DiVA: diva2:264488
Available from: 2009-10-10 Created: 2009-10-10 Last updated: 2011-01-10

Open Access in DiVA

No full text

Other links

Publisher's full texthttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=17805569

Authority records BETA

Sun, Xiao-Feng

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Sun, Xiao-Feng
By organisation
Faculty of Health SciencesOncology Department of Oncology UHL
In the same journal
Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology
Medical and Health Sciences

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

doi
urn-nbn

Altmetric score

doi
urn-nbn
Total: 65 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • oxford
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf